Mexican Style Creamy Corn Chowder
Yield: 10 servings.
|Yellow bell pepper, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Red bell pepper, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Green bell pepper, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Celery ribs, chopped||3|
|Bacon slices, smoked, diced||6|
|Olive oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Russet potatoes, large, peeled and cut into small cubes||2|
|Chicken stock||3 cups|
|Frozen sweet corn (16 oz. bag)||1|
|Cream corn (14-3/4 oz. can)||1|
|Tostitos Monterey Jack Queso Dip||1 jar|
|Half and Half or Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Cracked black pepper||1 tsp.|
|Garlic salt||1 Tbsp.|
|Green onions, sliced||For a garnish|
1. Sauté bell peppers, celery, and bacon in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and butter and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken stock and frozen corn and bring to a boil.
4. Lower to medium heat and let simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
5. Stir in cream corn, sugar, Tostito dip, and half and half,
6. Continue to cook over low heat for another 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Season with garlic salt and cracked pepper
8. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve with corn bread, tortilla chips, or your favorite rolls or French Bread
Click photo for this and more great recipes
Santa Fe Chicken Chili
Sponsored by Manitowoc