Mexican Style Creamy Corn Chowder
Yield: 10 servings.
|Yellow bell pepper, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Red bell pepper, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Green bell pepper, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Celery ribs, chopped||3|
|Bacon slices, smoked, diced||6|
|Olive oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Russet potatoes, large, peeled and cut into small cubes||2|
|Chicken stock||3 cups|
|Frozen sweet corn (16 oz. bag)||1|
|Cream corn (14-3/4 oz. can)||1|
|Tostitos Monterey Jack Queso Dip||1 jar|
|Half and Half or Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Cracked black pepper||1 tsp.|
|Garlic salt||1 Tbsp.|
|Green onions, sliced||For a garnish|
1. Sauté bell peppers, celery, and bacon in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and butter and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken stock and frozen corn and bring to a boil.
4. Lower to medium heat and let simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
5. Stir in cream corn, sugar, Tostito dip, and half and half,
6. Continue to cook over low heat for another 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Season with garlic salt and cracked pepper
8. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve with corn bread, tortilla chips, or your favorite rolls or French Bread